Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Root of All Evil

According to a new film out by Bill Maher 60% of the US Population actually believes the tales from the Bible. They believe in Noah and the Ark. They believe that snakes talk. In sum, they believe that things that can't be explained by science or fact, are true nonetheless. And they believe this because they were taught at a very early age about god and their religion.

I was taught as well. But I have to say, somewhere along the line I came to the realization that the only one who was going to help me in this world was me. I have a hard time believing in some all knowing great being.

Thankfully we have Bill Maher and his new film "Religulous" that is being called an "uproarious nonfiction film about the greatest fiction ever told."

Bill made a special appearance on Jon Stewart's show the other night and I was rivited. One of my friends said she was shocked that he was so far left and that she found herself agreeing with everything he said. Me too.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites