Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Making Rain



So the hunt is on. My destiny is in my hands and I'm going on the hunt for business. When I went out on my own, I did so with the deep sense that I never wanted to work at a company again and be subject to its internal politics. My fate would be in my hands.

So now I seem to be at a crossroads. Having worked with one of my clients for 10-years, I have broken my own rule about being part of an organization. The ability to function as a consultant and advisor -- whose advice is actually listened to -- has been lost with the ebb and flow of changing management. I believe my value is not recognized and I am now seen as part of the internal hive.

I need to reassert my independence. And I have many options. I'm actually excited.

I spoke to one of my oldest first time clients today and was reinspired. He helped me remember what I do best. And he also suggested a strategy for articulating my value to the current client in disarry by going directly to the new CEO and telling him my story.

At the same time, I'm going to go through all my contacts and start the process to see what else is out there. Stay posted. I hope to learn a lot.




No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites